Today, in this post we will discuss step to step instructions on how to reconnect Netgear wifi range extender with home network. You can reconnect your wifi extender with home network through two methods: via Ethernet cable or via wifi. Here, we will discuss both the methods one by one. So, if your Netgear WiFi extender not working then read this post carefully in order to get rid of this issue.
Reconnect Netgear WiFi Range Extender via Ethernet cable:
- Plug your range extender and wifi router to power switch and wait until both are completely turns on.
- Connect your wifi range extender with your computer or laptop through the Ethernet cable.
- Open any web browser on your device.
- Type www.mywifiext.net or www mywifiext net login in to address bar and press enter.
- Login page displays. Provide the username and password that you choose during Netgear wifi range extender setup.
- Tap on login or sign in.
- Go to setup and click on wireless setting.
- Click on security option and make sure that the value in the password field matches your router password. If the password does not match change it to your router password.
- Click apply and reconnect your wifi devices to the extender.
Reconnect Netgear WiFi Range Extender Via WiFi:
- Reset your range extender. Hold the factory setting button for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Open your device wifi menu whether it is computer, laptop or mobile and connect to the extender default WiFi network, NETGEAR_EXT.
- Open any web browser on your device and type http www.mywifiext.net.
- Press Enter and wait until the login page display.
- Provide your credentials and tap on log in button.
- Follow the prompts to reconnect your wifi extender with your home network.
- Reconnect your wifi devices to the extender.
If you still finding any issue while trying to reconnect your Netgear WiFi Range Extender with home network, then feel free to contact us at My WiFi Ext Fix. We have a team of expert technician who help you to fix this issue within minutes.