So, what’s a Hostel? A hostel is an establishment providing economical lodging and food depending on the location. A hostel is considered to be perfect for travellers, students, bachelors, etc. These are a few tips about staying in a hostel.
1. Pack light – You don't want to be carrying too much baggage with you, because you're not going to have much space to stock up. All you get is a locker and a few items such as facemasks and earplugs to sleep, noise cancellation headphones during your travel etc.
2. Pack smart – Pack a few clothes and inners, towels, and toiletries. Hostels usually do have laundry service, so you can get your clothes washed.
3. Adjusting – if you're traveling alone know that you are going to have to stay with a few other people in your room. However, this is a good opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
4. Location – First see where the hostel is situated and in what locality. Location plays a crucial role in getting easier access to popular sites, local transportation etc.
5. Interaction – if you have nothing planned for your day you might consider spending time in the common area to meet few people. Or, you may also consider heading over to the bars in the evening to play a few drinking games with others.
Safekeeping – Carry a padlock to seal your bag off in order to keep your money and other important belongings safe.
These are some things you can keep in mind when you visit the hostels of Thailand.