Statistics show that there are thousands of people worldwide who died while doing their jobs or on the job site. Most of the deaths occurred in the construction industry. But given the most common causes of deaths, they can be prevented to some extent. No matter what industry you are in, applying the right safety tips can definitely help prevent accidents.
You can get more information about the best nebosh international diploma online via https://wiseglobaltraining.com/iosh-working-safely.
Image Source: Google
How To Avoid Falls And Slips
Falls are regarded as the main cause of harm in offices. Here Are a Few Tips to avoid such:
- Constantly keep your eye on the flooring to get spills as you walk. In the event you find a spill, don’t walk. Instead, wash it up or call a person to clean this up.
- If you’re working outside, in the kitchen, or another location in which you frequently walk on slippery surfaces, then make sure you wear non-skid shoes. They may be badly procured, and you might fall.
- When you operate at heights, you always wear safety harnesses.
- Utilize approved ladders when obtaining things from storage or shelving components.
- Proper Method of Lifting Objects
Proper Way Of Lifting Objects
- Do not bend at your waist; Rather, lift the box up with your back. Always keep your upper body straight or parallel with your feet. While grabbing an object, push with your feet, and not with your back.
- Do not jerk your body while lifting. Although you may feel fine after doing it for the first time, be aware that repeated events can cause injury.
- When working with a box and you have no idea what is in it, consider moving a little with your foot to determine how easy it can be moved.
Fire Safety Tips
- You should have a fire plan in place. Make sure all your employees understand this. Having regular fire drills is really a great way for employees to take into account meeting spots, escape routes, and processes.
- Store your cleaning materials and other work chemicals in a well-ventilated room. Lots of chemicals emit vapors that are highly flammable.
- Be aware of where all fire extinguishing equipment is located in your office or job site. Most importantly, you should know how to use them properly.
- Grease fires cannot be fought with water due to being hydrophobic with oil and are the source of fuel in oil fires. The water will just splash around the oil and fire can also spread.